Monday, February 13, 2012

shakespeare and gardening...

A few years back, well maybe a few hundred, a fellow named shakespeare was about to go out and write a blog post or limerick or a play - I can't remember which - and his friend came to him as said, "I charge thee, fling away ambition: by that sin fell the angels." He later handed the line over to Henry in one of his works, but never forgot those peals of wisdom. You may ask, "What does this have to do with gardening?" Well, I also was about to post on Sunday, but those lines came to me and instead I just looked out the window and had a glass of Beringer Merlot, thinking of sunnier, spring days that I hope will come soon. 


But, now that it is monday I thought I'd let my waiting public in on what happened at the Phares estate. Not too much. I moved our only surviving raspberry bush to the front yard. I will add a few more from the master gardeners sale here in a month or so. I may also add blueberries, but that debate has not been decided yet. (it all depends how much is in the budget for such things). I also put all of the dirt into the new front garden. This finishes the project for now. I will plant about 50 day lilies (red and orange mix) as a border around the outside when they come in March. I also need to build my trellis for the vertical gardens - tomatoes, peas, beans, and possibly cucumbers. Those will be done next weekend, or the next... or possibly the weekend after that. 







There are a lot of new faces popping up around. Some crocus' are here, along with daffodils, and some dutch iris'. There may be others, but those are the only ones that I can remember exactly where I planted them. It was a fun weekend, though we didn't end up making it to the flower show in seattle. There is always next year. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having more fun than you could shake a spear at. That's from your FIL, obviously. As for me, I salute your gardening progress with a glass of the fine 2008 Beringer Merlot you left here last night.

    ReplyDelete