Friday, November 11, 2011

Mostly about tumultuous weather and feelings...

ECCLESIASTICUS 11:27. In the day of good things be not unmindful of evils: and in the day of evils be not unmindful of good things.
I work outside every day so I get a good opportunity to watch the weather and feel its affects. Today was a typical winter day, but it's been a while so I had forgotten. It started cold and cloudy, progressed to really wet and cloudy with areas in the Puget Sound of rain, sun, sleet, and hail. I have plenty of warm clothes so I didn't quite freeze to death. Then when I was wrapping up and getting ready to head home, the skies cleared and there was a gorgeous sunset. I thought, "How absurd. Now that I don't care what the weather is like because I'll be in my warm van, it will be pleasant." I snapped a quick picture with my iPhone and thought I'd post it. This has nothing to do with gardening, but I'm thankful to live in a place with all of the weather conditions in one day. I enjoy being reminded by the sound of a cricket, a sunrise, a rose, and so many other innumerable gifts of what it is to really enjoy creation.
Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment